If your sweet tooth is calling and you want to answer it with a delicious and decadent dessert that is out of this world, then this recipe for Baileys Cupcakes is the treat you have been searching for. This dessert will melt in your mouth and leave you guests wanting more. This dessert is best served with a tall glass of ice cold milk. You will fall head over heals for this one.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup irish cream liqueur (such as Baileys)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 baking powder (sachet, approximately 2 tsp)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (pure)
- 1 package cream cheese
- 200 grams butter
- 200 grams powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons irish cream liqueur (such as Baileys)
- Preheat oven to 250°C (approximately 480°F).
- Beat eggs and sugar until foamy.
- Add remaining ingredients to egg mixture and mix well.
- Place paper liners in the wells of a muffin tin and pour batter into each well, about half full.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes in muffin tin.
- Remove from tin and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the buttercream, cut room temperature butter into small pieces and beat it with the powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add cream cheese and liqueur and stir at low speed until smooth.
- Place buttercream in a pastry bag and decorate the cupcakes.