- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or vegetable broth)
- 1 yellow onion (medium, diced)
- 3 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 3 celery stalks (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 yukon gold potato (diced)
- 2 teaspoons herbs (Provence, or fresh herbs*)
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes (in their juices)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups green lentils (picked over and rinsed)
- 3 cups kale (sliced, or baby spinach)
- sea salt (to taste, I use about 1 teaspoon)
- black pepper (to taste)
|Calories380Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Hooper 3 days ago
Came out really good. I decided to put it in the slow cooker and added my own seasonings with some curry paste.
Veronica Vosmera 5 days ago
Loved this recipe! My kids loved it.
Lisa Hilquist 6 days ago
too mushy. Cooked too long, I guess
Kate 7 days ago
Delicious! My husband and son loved it. I used Fines Herbs and added a bay leaf.
Janene B. 23 days ago
delicious and easy. no need to add salt if broth and diced tomatoes has salt.
Anita 23 days ago
Soo yummy and flavourful
Elicia M. 23 Jan
this soup came out perfectly! i found the directions on pressure cooking a little confusing, but went with the equipment settings. I added a little Turkey Italian sausage to mine, but that's just my taste. it's delicious!
vicky martin 18 Jan
It was very good, I would certainly make it again. I did find that I needed to add more vegetable broth than it asked for but that was not a problem.
Paul Hefelfinger 10 Jan
I didn't end up adding the kale, but even without it was incredibly tasty! I substituted some Rotel with habaneros for the tomatoes to give it some spice, really helped add some extra flavor.