- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 8)
- 12 ounces tomatillos (about 7 husked and quartered)
- 8 ounces poblano peppers (about 3 stemmed, seeded, and chopped)
- 4 ounces jalapeño peppers (about 2 stemmed, seeded, and chopped)
- 4 ounces onions (about 1/2 chopped)
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 ounce cilantro leaves (chopped, about 1/3 cup packed, plus more for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
|Calories560Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Anne C. 5 days ago
This was awesome! So flavorful! Definitely making again!
Jenn Carr 6 days ago
Used this recipe with chicken and pork... both turned out amazing!
Chad 8 days ago
So good! Will make again!
Hello 13 days ago
I don’t have a blender, so I diced all the ingredients and did my best to mash it up with a wooden spoon, and it turned out great. I added another teaspoon of salt and sprinkled a small amount of Mexican blend cheese to make it a little creamier
Nathan McBride 17 days ago
very flavorful! my kids didn't care for it but my wife and it loved it
Kathy 14 Feb
Easy and delicious!!
Duong V. 29 Jan
The whole family loved. Turned out excellent. Needed a little more salt. Will make again.
Laura 25 Jan
Wonderful! Full of flavor!
chrissy 20 Jan
awesome!!! will definitely be making again! I added a couple extra hatch chilis because I had them. this is definitely a recipe to double or triple as i didn't think it made quite enough. Also, i used chicken broth instead of water.
Emily McBride 14 Jan
It was easy to make, however, there was a bizarre underlying smell to it that also appeared in the taste. Salt neutralized this unappetizing flavor and the dish was a success. We put it over rice. It was delicious. We also used chicken breast, which turned out well.
Godwin 8 Jan
It uses dark meat. Change the meat to chicken breasts and you will lower the calorie count and fat content.