Normally, in Indonesia mainly in central java this food is wrapped with banana leaf it's called garang asem. But i was cook it with different way, just boiled and steamed without banana leaf. This dish has a sour taste, savory and spicy, if you like that kind of taste, you have to try this recipe.
- 1/2 chicken (cut into small pieces, wash)
- 3 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 6 cloves shallot (thinly sliced)
- 5 cayenne pepper (fresh)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 2 bilimbi
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 centimeters galangal
- 750 milliliters water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Put the chicken piece in a large pot.
- Fill with water, heat and simmer
- add garlic, shallot, bilimbi, bay leaf, galangal, cayenne pepper and tomato
- Turn off the heat, move to the large bowl and steam about 10 minutes..