If you want to surprise your family this Christmas or New Year’s Day morning, then try this recipe for Individual Pannetones. They are a sweet bread loaf that is originally from Milan, Italy, that is usually prepared for the holidays. This recipe gives you the delightful way to make personal loafs for each person. Hand them out to neighbors or friends. This recipe only makes four servings, so make sure to plan accordingly.
- 90 grams raisins
- 75 grams orange peel (minced)
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 250 grams flour
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 1 packet dry yeast
- 100 milliliters whole milk
- 1 1/2 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange flower water
- 100 grams softened butter
- 1/2 lemon (preferably organic)
- 4 empty food cans (washed and dryed)
- Put raisins and orange peel in a bowl, pour the orange liqueur and let stand for 1 hour.
- In a stand up mixer bowl with the hook attachment, pour the flour, sugar, salt, yeast, egg, vanilla extract, water, orange flower water, lemon zest, raisins and orange peel. Begin kneading .
- Gradually add the warm milk, then add the softened butter.
- Knead 5-7 minutes to get a smooth dough.
- Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until it doubles in volume in a warm place for about an hour.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, punch the dough to release the air.
- Divide into 4 equal parts. Make 4 balls.
- Using a brush, grease the empty cans with a little melted butter.
- Line bottoms of cans with circles of parchment paper. Then, line the sides as well, up to 3-4 cm high.
- Divide the dough in 4, and place it in the lined cans, cover with a cloth and let rise for about 1 hour.
- Heat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius and bake the pannetones for 25-30 minutes.
- Let them cool then remove them from the tins so that they completely cool.
- Decorate cans with kraft paper and a ribbon to serve pannetones.
PER SERVING *
|Calories620Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.