Everyone rave over these individual-sized crispy yet creamy potato stacks.
- 1 1/2 pounds yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 ounce grated parmesan cheese (freshly)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Grease a 12-cavity muffin pan liberally with the softened butter.
- Slice the potatoes a scant 1/8” thick. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper, to taste.
- Stack an even amount of potato slices into each muffin cavity. Pour 1 Tablespoon of heavy cream over each potato stack.
- Sprinkle a generous teaspoon of parmesan cheese and a few leaves of fresh thyme over each potato stack.
- Transfer the pan to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the individual gratins for 22-25 minutes, until bubbling and browned on the tops.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the gratins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. To remove, run a sharp knife around the edge of each individual gratin and lift up at an angle.
- Plate and serve immediately.