- 1 cup Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (or whipping cream)
- 3 tablespoons amaretto
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs (plus 2 egg yolks)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cake flour
- For cake centers, in a double boiler, melt 1/3 cup of the Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and 1/4 cup cream over low heat. Remove from heat. Whisk gently to blend. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the amaretto. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Form into 6 balls; refrigerate until needed.
- For the cake, preheat oven to 400°F. Spray six 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a double boiler, melt the remaining 2/3 cup Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and butter over low heat. Remove from heat. Whisk gently to blend. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons amaretto; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, egg yolks and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and light. Fold melted chocolate mixture and flour into egg mixture just until combined. Spoon cake batter into prepared ramekins. Gently press a chocolate ball into center of cake batter in each ramekin.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cake is firm to the touch. Let ramekins stand on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Run a small, sharp knife around inside of each ramekin. One at a time, place a small plate on top of each ramekin, invert and remove ramekin. If desired, top each cake with a dollop of whipped cream and chopped toasted almonds*.
- Recipe Tips
- To toast almonds, preheat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until light brown, watching carefully and shaking pan once or twice.
|Calories290Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
maja m. 6 May 2018
excellent and very tasty