- 1 cup greek style yogurt
- 1 cucumber (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 green chili pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 14 ounces lentils (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 2 packages refrigerated pie crusts (4 crusts)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- For the raita, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place potatoes and carrots in a medium saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to a boil on high heat. Boil 6-8 mins, until tender. Drain well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Sauté onion and chili pepper for 3-4 mins until tender.
- Add curry powder and cook 1 min, stirring. Add potatoes, carrots, lentils and peas. Cook 1-2 mins, stirring, to remove any moisture. Season to taste.
- Spoon 1/4 vegetable mixture into a log in center of each pie crust. Brush edges with egg. Fold both sides up over the filling; crimp edges to seal. Arrange, seam side up, on prepared pan. Brush with egg and sprinkle with seeds, if desired.
- Bake 20-25 mins until golden. Serve with raita.