Indian Vegetable StewKitchenAid
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup diced onions (coarsely)
- 1 shallots (small, thinly sliced)
- 3 teaspoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger (fresh grated)
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes (peeled, cubes, approximately 1½ -inch x 1½ -inch)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash (peeled, cubes, approximately 1½ -inch x 1½ -inch)
- 16 ounces garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets (fresh)
- 2 roma tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 1/2 lime
- chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Preheat heated bowl attachment to 220 °F. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and shallots and cook, stirring occasionally for 2 to 3 minutes or until beginning to soften. Add red curry paste, cumin, coriander, garam masala, cardamom, garlic and ginger, stir well and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until spices are fragrant. Add potatoes, cook, and stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Add broth and coconut milk and stir well.
- 2Remove from heat and transfer mixture to preheated KitchenAid® Heated Chef Bowl. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Add butternut squash, garbanzo beans, cauliflower and tomatoes. Cover with lid and cook for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- 3Stir in lime juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro.