Combinations of sweet and hot spices flavor Indian dishes. This recipe gives the taste and red-orange tint of a tandoor oven to these grilled chops. Serve with Yellow Rice, fresh grapes and warm flatbread.
- 4 boneless pork chops (1 1/2-inch thick)
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger root (grated)
- 1 jalapeno chile (seeded)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (fresh)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- red food coloring
- Combine yogurt, garlic, ginger, pepper, cilantro and cumin in blender container; puree. Add a few drops of red food coloring. Place chops in large plastic bag, add yogurt marinade, seal bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove chops from marinade (discard remaining marinade) and grill over medium-hot fire; grill chops for 12-16 minutes, turning once, internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.