- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (mild yellow)
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 white onions (peeled)
- 6 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1 cup water
- 3 tomatoes (large, diced small)
- 2 tablespoons ginger root (freshly grated)
- 1/2 cup ground almonds (food processor works great)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups plain low fat yogurt
- 1/2 red chili (small, de-seeded and minced, I used dried, but fresh works, too)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 teaspoons curry powder (mild yellow)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
PER SERVING *
|Calories560Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Sweigard 24 Sep
Tastes fantastic! Definitely makes a huge amount of servings.
Kane Quarrell 15 Sep
great. family loved it, even the kids!
Charlie 27 Aug
Delicious. I'm definitely making it again, this stime abit more spicy.
Mya 15 May
it was awesome !!! Had too add some heavy cream to make it thicker but besides that we all Loved it and will make it again ...
Julio T. 6 Apr
I think I have to adjust a little the recipe but have potential. Very tasty.
George Igboegwu 29 Dec 2017
Though it’s supposed to be a mild curry, I added a little chilli (flakes) to give it just a hint of a kick. Just my personal preference though. It turned out pretty great!!
Pauline 2 Nov 2017
It turned out great, and it was so flavourful. I used shrimp instead of chicken though. I gave a dish of it and I my friend who is from Sri Lanka and I got a text back from him That said WOW! That was delicious. I would make it again. It was so easy to make
Dteven D. 14 Feb 2016
By his recipe is overly spiced. I followed the directions but tasted overly seasoned. Might be better with less Cuman and less masala. Would not make this again.
Elizabeth B. 15 Aug 2015
The list of spices on this is pretty long but with a little prep (ie pulling all ingredients before starting recipe) it can be quite enjoyable to make. I put a touch too much pepper but it was still extremely delicious with multi-layered flavor. Completely worth the effort!
Beatrice K. 18 Jul 2015
This was fabulous.....My child loved it and so did my picky husband. I didn't have enough sour cream so I just used a whole can of coconut milk and the rest of the sour cream and it was heaven.