Impossible™ Happy Paradise Xinjiang DumplingsIMPOSSIBLE FOODS
Try Chef May Chow's reimagined Impossible™ Happy Paradise Xinjiang Dumplings Recipe that uses our plant-based meat in this crunchy and spicy favorite.
- Make the Szechuan chili powder: In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the Szechuan Chili Powder (1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp hot paprika, 1/2 tsp red chili powder, 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp kosher salt, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1/4 tsp white sesame seeds). Set aside.
- Make the filling: In a small skillet over medium-low heat, toast cumin seeds until darkened and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Transfer cumin seeds to a cutting board and coarsely chop. In a large bowl, add daikon, green onion, 2 tablespoons of water, and prepared Szechuan chili powder. Whisk to combine. Crumble the Impossible™ Burger into the bowl. Mix the ingredients together gently with your hands until well combined.
- Wrap dumplings: Place dumpling wrappers on a work surface. Spoon 1 tablespoon of Impossible mixture into the center of dumpling wrapper. Using your finger, rub the edges of the wrappers with water. Fold the wrapper over the filling to create a half-moon shape, pinching the edges to seal.
- Cook dumplings: Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, add dumplings in a single layer and cook until bottoms begin to brown. Add 1/2 cup water, cover and cook for about 3 minutes; check from time to time and cook until the water has evaporated completely, and the bottoms are crisp and golden brown. It takes about 2 more minutes. Repeat with remaining dumplings, adding more vegetable oil as needed.
- Serve, share, and enjoy: Makes 20 dumplings.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories80Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.