An Asian-fused dinner with steamed snowpeas, fried rice and Four Fruit Salad.
- 4 boneless ribeye (rib) pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar (OR white vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root (grated)
- cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Pat chops dry with paper toweling and set aside. In small bowl, stir together vinegar, soy sauce, honey and hot pepper sauce; set aside.
- Heat oils in 10-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add chops; cook about 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Add garlic and ginger; cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low. Add vinegar mixture; cover and cook about 10 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Uncover and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.