Imperial Arroz Con PolloBest Foods
- 3 1/2 pounds whole roasting chicken (cut into serving pieces)
- 3 knorr chicken flavor bouillon cube (crumbled)
- 6 cups water
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 cups rice (uncooked )
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1 onions (large, chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces pimentos (chopped, drained)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1In 6-quart saucepot, cover chicken with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered 45 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked; drain. Let cool 10 minutes, then shred chicken, discarding bones and skin; reserve chicken.
- 2In same saucepot, combine Bouillon Cubes, 6 cups water and paprika. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in rice. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Stir in Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise and 1/2 cup cheese; set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes; drain. Add onion, green pepper, garlic and oregano. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in tomato sauce and reserved chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in pimientos and green peas. In serving bowl, combine rice mixture with chicken mixture. Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.