- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion (finely diced*)
- 2 large carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 parsnip (large, peeled and chopped)
- 3 stalks celery (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced*)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 3 cups bone broth (chicken)
- 2/3 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 head kale (chopped)
|Calories300Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Julie Bort 2 days ago
This was great. I doubled the dried ground ginger and turmeric, used fresh parsley, and squeezed a wedge of lime on the kale before pouring the hot soup over it.
Hi Jenna 16 days ago
Really good and satisfying the turmeric doesn’t over power and the vegetables are hearty. I decided to add a sweet potato for starch and I would highly recommend. Feeling better already!
Toby Akurit 17 days ago
Fantastic! The coconut milk really carries the flavor home. I have made this a few times now. Experimenting a little a little I've found that I like to add more parsnips (2 or 3) and a little more coconut milk (I just use the whole can).
BrightFoodLover 18 days ago
Great and the flavor with turmeric, ginger and coconut milk make it extra tasty and healthy.
Courtney Soder 18 days ago
Good flavor (I was nervous with the turmeric and ginger). I used a bone broth powder and it gave it nice flavor and added a sweet potato.
YumChef 20 Dec 2018
Great stuff. Followed recipe.
Esther 6 Dec 2018
This was amazing. My taste buds had a party. Like other reviewers said, the broth to this does not disappoint!
Kristian Worley 3 Dec 2018
This recipe is so colorful and so full of flavor! My husband loved it and I especially love all the great health benefits it has. I added a bit more salt, cilantro and pepper; that made it all come together :) Will definitely be making this again. Super easy to make!
Kim 2 Dec 2018
I did need to add more salt. I also do not know how much a small head of kale is. That is a vague amount. I used one bunch and it turned out great! Very tasty!
Sean B. 27 Nov 2018
Used the whole onion, added a smidge more coconut milk and real parsley instead of dried. Turned out delish
Kristin G 5 Nov 2018
Delicious...it was very easy to make.
Estarah Berciunas 29 Oct 2018
Great! Not as thick/creamy as i was expecting but soooo good!