Il Maiale Pasta E FagioliPork Foodservice
- 6 pounds pork sausage crumbles (fully cooked)
- 3 cups onions (diced)
- 3 cups carrots (julienne)
- 3 cups celery (diced)
- 1/2 cup garlic (minced)
- 3 quarts tomatoes (canned, diced)
- 46 ounces red kidney beans (canned, with liquid)
- 46 ounces white beans (canned, with liquid)
- 46 ounces tomato sauce (canned)
- 1/4 quart vegetable juice cocktail (like V-8)
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oregano (dried)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons basil (dried)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black pepper (ground)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons thyme (dried)
- 1 pound ditali pasta
- 1Place in large pot or steam-jacketed kettle.
- 2Sauté over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes.
- 3Add these ingredients to the meat mixture.
- 4Stir carefully.
- 5Reduce heat to medium and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for approximately 1 hour.
- 7Stir occasionally as needed, but do not over stir.
- 8Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- 9Drain pasta in a colander and rinse with cold water.
- 10Drain well.
- 11Add pasta to the meat/bean mixture and bring it to a simmer.
- 12Place the mixture in serving pans and hold at 140 degrees Fahrenheit or higher to serve.
- 13Pour mixture in 2 inch shallow pans. Cover and place on rack in the cooler. Do not stack pans. Allow for air to circulate around the pans. Cool to 40 degrees Fahrenheit within 4 hours.
- 14Reheat product to 170 degrees Fahrenheit or higher for at least 1 minute. Stir gently to distribute heat evenly. Hold at 140 degrees Fahrenheit or higher to serve.