Iced Summer CakeMurmures
The perfect cold dessert for a warm summer day, this cheesecake features an explosion of berries. A chocolate shortbread cookie crust sits below a layer of cheesecake strewn with strawberries. This layer is then covered with a thin layer of additional shortbread cookies and then topped with a layer of blueberry and raspberry flavored cheesecake with additional whole berries suspended throughout. Bursting with berry flavor, this cheesecake will both refresh and satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 150 grams shortbread cookies (chocolate)
- 5 shortbread cookies (additional)
- 50 grams melted butter
- 4 cups cream (thick)
- 250 grams ricotta
- 300 grams cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 100 grams strawberries (frozen)
- 75 grams blueberries
- 75 grams raspberries
- 1Cake Preparation:
- 2Crush the cookies into fine crumbs. and mix with melted butter.
- 3Line the bottom of a round mold (at least 7 centimeters high) with some parchment paper.
- 4Press the dough to the bottom of the mold, and let rest in the freezer.
- 5Beat together the cream, ricotta, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla powder, and lemon zest to make a cheese paste..
- 6Stir the strawberries, and mix with half the cheese paste.
- 7Pour the strawberry and cheese mixture over the layer of cookie dough, and place in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- 8Remove pan from freezer.
- 9Cover strawberry mixture with a thin layer of cookies.
- 10Puree 50 grams of blueberries and 50 grams of raspberries, and mix with the remaining dough and cheese.
- 11Stir in the remaining 25 grams of blueberries and 25 grams of raspberries, then pour the batter into the mold covering the cookie layer.
- 12Cover and place in the freezer for at least 5 hours.
- 13For Decoration:
- 14To serve, take cake out of freezer at least 30 minutes before serving.
- 15Decorate with fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and cherries.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1480Calories from Fat920|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat920|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.