Iced Nougat with Orange Peels, Pine Nuts, and Chocolate ChipsOn dine chez Nanou
Finding the right sweet treat to make for the occasion is hard. If you have a party, celebration or special occasion coming up and you want to make a delicious dessert that everyone will enjoy, then try this recipe for Iced Nougat with Orange Peels, Pine Nuts, and Chocolate Chips. The creative confections will wow the crowd with the way they are presented, and the flavors will tickle thier taste buds.
- 25 grams pinenuts
- 25 grams hazelnuts (crushed)
- 10 grams sugar
- 60 grams honey
- 2 egg whites
- heavy cream (20 cl., cold)
- 25 grams chocolate chips
- 30 grams orange peel (finely diced)
- 1Toast the pine nuts and hazelnuts in a dry non-stick skillet. Sprinkle with the sugar and let the nuts caramelize, stirring often. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- 2Bring the honey to a boil in a small saucepan and let it boil for about 2 minutes.
- 3Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. When they are stiff, reduce the mixer's speed and gradually add the honey. Keep whisking until it has completely cooled.
- 4Whisk the cream until it forms stiff peaks. Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the whipped cream. Add the caramelized nuts, chocolate chips, and orange peel.
- 5Divide the nougat amongst the molds and press them down slightly to remove any air in the cavities. Leave in the freezer to set completely.