- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter (cold)
- 1 vanilla pod (halved lengthwise, seeds scraped out)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 8 ounces strawberries (hulled and diced)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Place flour, baking powder, powdered sugar, butter, vanilla seeds and a pinch of salt in a food processor and pulse until butter is incorporated. With motor running, pour a 1/2 cup of boiling water down spout until dough forms a ball. Remove from processor and knead for a few mins until smooth and elastic (if dough is too wet, sprinkle with a little extra flour). Cover with plastic wrap and rest for 30 mins.
- Place sugar, lime juice and zest, tequila, vanilla pod and 1/2 cup of water in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer for 5 mins, remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Stir in strawberries.
- Divide dough into 12 even balls and roll each one out between 2 pieces of parchment paper to 4 inch diameter.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Carefully peel parchment paper off dough and fry for 45-60 seconds, until golden underneath. Turn and cook for 30-45 secs. Repeat with remaining dough. Allow to cool.
- Place a scoop of ice cream in each tortilla and spoon over strawberry, lime and tequila salsa. Serve immediately.
|Calories180Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.