- 2 ounces currants
- 2 1/2 ounces dried pineapple (diced)
- 2 ounces raisins (halved)
- 6 glacé cherries (quartered)
- 1/3 cup brandy (or dark rum)
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups double cream
- 1 3/4 cups greek yogurt
- frozen berries (tossed in sugar, to decorate)
- Place fruit in a bowl with brandy or rum, cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 4 hours or overnight.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar together until thick and pale. In a saucepan, heat cream until nearly, but not quite, boiling on medium heat. Pour slowly into egg mixture, whisking constantly. Return to clean pan on low heat and stir until cream thickens slightly. Remove from heat and cool before stirring in yogurt. Set aside to cool completely.
- Add fruit and brandy mixture. Stir well, then pour into a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer until ice cream is almost set and has a 'soft serve' consistency (up to 6 hours).
- Remove from freezer and stir just enough to break down ice crystals and make sure fruit is evenly distributed. Spoon into six 1 cup molds or a 6 cup mold, cover with plastic wrap topped with a layer of foil, and return to freezer overnight, or until firm.
- Dip puddings briefly in hot water, slide a metal spatula around edge, then turn out on to serving plates. Top with sugared fruit and serve immediately, cutting large pudding into wedges or slices to serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories540Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.