These tapas are full of delicious flavors, with layers of pork and cheese on top of a crisp piece of bread and a layer of red bell pepper sauce. This recipe requires only 7 ingredients, but it takes a little bit of time to put together so make sure you plan ahead. A good thing is, you can make the sauce ahead of time so you can save a little time on prep.
- 1 red bell pepper
- vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 sirloin steaks
- 2 slices bread
- 4 slices cheese
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Coat the bell pepper with oil and season with salt. Add to a baking dish and roast for 1 hour. Turn every 15 minutes.
- Remove the bell pepper from the oven and place in a resealable plastic bag. After 20 minutes, peel and seed the bell pepper.
- Place the bell pepper flesh in the blender along with its juices and the sugar. Puree until smooth.
- In a skillet, add a tablespoon of oil. Pan-sear the steaks for 5 minutes on each side.
- Toast the slices of bread and add the Camembert cheese slices on top.
- Once the steaks are done, place them top of the cheese so it will melt. Plate with some roasted pepper sauce on the steaks.