Hyderabadi Baingan Ka Salan (Baby Eggplant simmered in Rich Spicy Gravy- Indian Style)MANIMUKHIJA
Hunting for a Majestic Dish? The search is over. The Baby eggplants simmered in rich Spicy Gravy(Indian Style) would add a royal touch to your dinner tonight ! Hyderbadi Baingan Ka Salan (Baby Eggplant simmered in Rich Spicy Gravy- Indian Style)-The spiciness of green chillies, tanginess of sour yoghurt, richness & creaminess of sesame-coconut-peanut paste with a hint of mint makes this dish so marvelous that hardly anyone can resist it.
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2 Tbsp. cumin seeds
- 2 Tbsp. mustard seeds
- 1/4 Tbsp. fenugreek seeds
- 4 red chillies (dried)
- 4 green chillies (add more for a more spicier version)
- 8 curry leaves
- 8 baby eggplants (– 10, slit into 4 keeping the stem intact)
- 2 onions (medium sized, sliced)
- 1 Tbsp. garlic paste (ginger)
- salt (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. chilli powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. turmeric powder
- 2 Tbsp. coriander powder
- 1 Tbsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 cup yoghurt (sour)
- 1 Tbsp. mint leaves (finally chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. leaves (finally chopped coariander, and few more for garnishing)
- oil (for frying eggplants)
- 1 Tbsp. peanuts
- 1 Tbsp. dry coconut (grated)
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- Wash the eggplants, pat them dry and slit into 4 keeping the stem intact.
- Take a wok, dry roast peanuts, coconut, sesame seeds separately and allow it to cool. Once cooled down,grind to make a smooth paste with these roasted ingredients using ½ cup water.
- In the same wok, smear little oil.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories330Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes