- 8 ounces cream cheese (226g, softened)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos (drained)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup seed (grape, or vegetable oil)
- To prepare Pimiento Cheese Dip, add all ingredients to bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl and Flat Beater to Mixer. Turn to Speed 4 and beat 5 minutes or until well blended. Transfer to serving dish. Wash and dry bowl and beater.
- To prepare Fritters, preheat deep fryer to 350°F.
- Add cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cayenne to clean Mixer Bowl. Attach Bowl and Flat Beater to Mixer.Turn to Speed 3 and mix until combined. Stop mixer and add remaining ingredients. Turn to Speed 3 and mix until well blended.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Cook, in batches, 4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Serve warm with cheese dip.