Once everything is cut and trimmed, this dish is quick to put together. Simply serve with a good hot tea.
- 1/2 pound pork loin roast (boneless, cut into thin slices)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch (PLUS 4 teaspoons, divided)
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce (divided)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound broccoli (trimmed)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root (slivered)
- 1 onions (chunked and separated)
- 10 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- cooked rice
- Coat pork strips with mixture of 1 tablespoon each cornstarch and soy sauce, sugar and garlic. Let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine remaining 4 teaspoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons soy sauce with red pepper flakes and 1 1/4 cups water. Cut broccoli into bite-size flowerets and stems into thin slices. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add pork and stir-fry 2 minutes; remove. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same pan. Add ginger, stir-fry 30 seconds. Add onion and broccoli; stir-fry 4 minutes. Stir in pork, tomatoes and soy sauce mixture; cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Serve over rice.
- Serves 4.