Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Remove Hen from packaging and rinse well. Pat dry with paper towels. Salt and pepper the inside of the cavity and the outside very well (should feel like it fell in the sandbox and you quickly dusted him off– use plenty). Sprinkle Thyme over the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the crock pot – I like to put it in with breasts facing up – but that is up to you – either way will work.
- Place the lid on the crock pot. Turn crock pot on low. Do not disturb for at least 8 hours. That’s it, don’t add water, don’t add anything. Now, Go to work – chicken will be done when you get home. Seriously. Don’t put anything else in the crock pot. Really. Go to work.
- When you arrive home 8 hours later – a little longer is no big deal – the chicken is ready. Only do this next step if you are super crazy about super crispy chicken skin. The skin will be suitably crispy just from the crock pot.
- (Optional step) Turn the broiler on in your oven. Gently lift the chicken out of the crock pot with two large wooden spoons and place it gently in a cast iron skillet. Gently. Don’t scream or anything but his wings and legs might fall off. Paint the melted butter onto the exposed skin. Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Garnish. Serve.
|Calories45Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.