- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 eggplants
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach (with excess water squeezed out)
- 12 baby portabella mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or Half & Half)
- 12 ounces jack (Montery, & Cheddar Cheese Mix)
- 2 jalapenos (finely chopped)
- 3 cups marinara sauce (home made or a jar of 24 oz store bought)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 tablespoon canola (or Vegetable Cooking Oil)
- Slice the Sweet Potato into 1/4 inch thick slices. Boil until semi-cooked (about 10 min). Rub the slices with a dry curry powder & olive oil (1cup) mixture. Set aside and let marinate for at least 10 min.
- Slice Eggplants into 1/4 inch thick slices and rub all over with an olive oil (1 cup)/dried basil/salt & pepper mix. Set aside and let marinate for at least 15 min.
- Pour canola or vegetable cooking oil into a pan. Saute spinach and mushrooms for about 3-5 min, add in jalapenos and salt & pepper to taste.
- Turn the heat down and add in some heavy cream and about 1/2 of the mexican cheeses until mixture is creamy, but not watery.
- Start layering the lasagne in this order: Sweet Potatoes, Spinach/Mushroom Mix, Eggplants, Marinara Sauce, Sweet Potatoes, Spinach/Mushrom Mix, Eggplants, Then finally sprinkle the remaining Monterey Jack/Cheddar Cheese Blend on top.
- Bake at 350-375 for about 35-45 min, depending on how your oven works. You'll know it's ready when you can pass through a fork easily through all the layers.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1760Calories from Fat1410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat1410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.