Hot and Sweet Cubano SandwichPork
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 1 pound honey glazed ham (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chinese mustard (divided)
- 8 whole submarine rolls
- 3/4 cup plum jelly (or red currant, or raspberry jam or jelly)
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 14 ounces green chile (drained and sliced)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of the mustard. Spread mixture on all sides of the pork. Place pork, fat side up, in a shallow roasting pan and roast 15 minutes.
- 2Reduce oven to 350 degrees F. and continue roasting 40 to 45 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. (medium rare) to 160 degrees F. (medium). Remove roast from oven and let rest 10 minutes. Slice very thinly and set slices aside.
- 3To prepare the sandwiches, halve the rolls, laying all 16 halves out, and butter the outside of each of them. On half of the halves, spread the remaining mustard (1 1/2 tablespoons). On the other half of the sandwich halves, spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of jam. Arrange ham, roast pork, cheese, and chiles on the mustard halves of each sandwich, then top with the jam halves.
- 4Prepare a grill to medium-hot heat. Lay a double layer of foil on the grill, large enough to hold the sandwiches. Place sandwiches on the foil, place bricks over the sandwiches (2 sandwiches per brick), and press down gently. Grill until the bottom of the bread is browned and cheese starts to melt, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn, replace the bricks, and grill 2 minutes more. Cut sandwiches in half and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories440Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.