Hot and Spicy SpareribsPORK
Rib fans will tell you that one of life's greatest pleasures is rolling up your sleeves and sinking your teeth into a succulent serving of really good ribs. And if it is messy, well, that is half the fun. Be sure to sauce the ribs toward the end of the cooking time so that the sauce doesn't burn. Enjoy with other in-hand foods like corn on the cob and vegetable kabobs.
- 3 lb. pork spareribs (rack)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 onion (medium, finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. prepared mustard
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat; add onion and garlic, and saute until tender. Add remaining ingredients, except ribs, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place ribs on grill over indirect heat; close grill hood. Grill for 1 1/2 hours and then begin basting with sauce every ten minutes, for 30 more minutes. Remove ribs from grill and serve, cutting into serving-size portions. If desired, serve any remaining sauce on the side, bringing it to a boil and boiling gently for 5 minutes.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories1620Calories from Fat1050|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat1050|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes