- 1/2 pound ham (thinly sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and cut into rings)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 medium tomato (thinly sliced)
- 14 ounces french bread (split lengthwise)
- oregano leaves (As needed)
- 4 slices provolone cheese (OR Swiss cheese)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium skillet over medium-high heat; sauté green pepper and garlic in oil until pepper is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Toss in dried onion. Remove green pepper, reserving oil mixture in skillet.
- Layer ham, tomatoes and green pepper on bottom half of bread. Drizzle oil mixture over top, sprinkle with oregano; top with cheese slices. Cover with top of bread. Wrap loaf in foil; bake for 15 minutes. Remove from foil; slice to serve.