One of the most elegant and extravagant ways to serve eggs, say at a special brunch or maybe breakfast in bed on Mother's Day, is to very gently and briefly boil them, then slice off the top of the shell with a sharp knife, leaving the rest intact to serve as the cup. Toast points, which are basically pieces of toast cut into strips, are the essential accompaniment and are used to dip into the eggs.
- eggs (fresh organic)
- freshly ground black pepper
- bread (or toasted rye bread)
- Bring a covered pot of water to a boil.
- When it starts boiling, place each egg on a spoon and carefully place it in the pan.
- Cover the pan and boil for 3-4 minutes maximum.
- Remove and serve them hot. Use a knife to cut off the top, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with strips of toasted and buttered bread.