Hot Dog in a RollL'ANTRO DELL'ALCHIMISTA
If you like pigs in a blanket, you'll want to give this recipe a try. Rather than having the little hot dogs (or sausages) peek out of either end, here they are completely enclosed in the dough. And instead of using puff pastry dough as the wrappers, you make a yeast dough that's more akin to traditional hot dog buns. Serve with assorted mustards at a kid's party or a Superbowl party.
- 1 kg flour
- 400 grams water (approximately)
- 75 grams yeast (brewer’s)
- 150 grams butter
- 50 grams lard
- 15 grams salt
- 100 grams sugar
- 40 hot dogs (mini)
- Place the flour on a work surface and make a well in the center.
- Combine all the ingredients in the well and knead the dough vigorously for 10 to 12 minutes. The dough should be soft but not sticky.
- Shape the dough into 2 balls, cover with a kitchen cloth and let it rest for 50 to 60 minutes.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes