Believe or not, this type of pizza can be found on menus in Italy, where it is usually called "American" pizza thanks to the hot dogs and french fries as the unusual toppings, along with more traditional grated mozzarella cheese--and no tomato sauce. This recipe calls for frozen french fries, but you are of course welcome to make your own. The dough is your standard pizza dough; you can use store-bought dough to save time.
- 500 grams flour (pizza)
- 250 milliliters water
- 25 grams yeast
- 10 grams salt
- 50 grams oil
- mozzarella cheese (grated)
- french fri frozen
- hot dogs (chopped)
- fresh rosemary (minced)
- Add the flour to a bowl. Make a well in the flour, add the yeast and dissolve with the water.
- Gradually incorporate the flour, together with the salt and oil.
- Knead the dough to form a loaf shape.
- Cover and allow to rest for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Flatten the dough with a rolling pin. Take care not to work the dough too much otherwise it becomes too elastic. Stretch the dough to fit into a pizza pan.
- Pre-heat the oven to 250 degrees Celsius.
- Spread the pizza with the mozzarella, frankfurter, fries, and a pinch of salt and rosemary.
- Bake for 20 minutes.