- 1 cup whole milk (warmed to 110 degrees F)
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup raisins (plus boiling water soaking liquid*)
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted, slightly cooled)
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream (for brushing)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam (or preserves)
- 1 tablespoon water
PER SERVING *
|Calories310Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jaqui J. 1 Apr
it was yummy..we will make it again. We followed the instructions it was easy.
Ruth Daisy 30 Mar
Just wondering - the person who rated this recipe only one star our of five and yet said it was "wonderfully" and "will use this recipe again. Yummy" - did you make a mistake in your star rating??? The previous person gave it only 3 stars out of five only because not enough dried fruit. Consequently, the average review rating is only 2 stars out of five. Whilst I haven't yet tried this recipe, I think it looks fantastic and am going to give it a go. I don't usually give ratings unless I have actually tried a recipe but I am going to rate this 4 stars out of five, based, on it's potential and I don't think the previous ratings were justified based on the supporting comments.
Frank Schaminee 26 Mar
It's a shame it in in European dimensions like grams and centiliter
Gretch 25 Mar
Its awesome to have a great traditional recipe for these. However, there is no dried fruit called for in the recipe.. traditional hot crossed buns used dried fruit. Besides currents, use dried lemon, lime and orange peel, dried cherries and apricots and dried pineapple if you want a little extra fragrance.
McConkey 25 Mar
Wonderfully. Will use this recipe again. Yummy (of course)