Hot And Spicy Spinach, Sun Dried Tomato, and Feta Cheese SaladO Meu Tempero
Wilted spinach can take on so many different flavor profiles. In this recipe, the spinach is given a kick of heat from the addition of a hot red chili pepper and fruity sweetness with sun-dried tomatoes, as well as bright notes from grated lime zest and fresh lime juice. What really makes this salad a standout, however, is the feta cheese that's sprinkled on top before serving, and which melts slightly from the heat of the spinach, and also the crunchy toasted sliced almonds.
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 300 grams spinach leaves
- 1 red chili peppers
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- salt (to taste)
- 1/2 lime (juice and zest)
- 20 grams feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- 2Add the spinach and saute until it reduces in volume.
- 3Add the chili (if you prefer less spicy remove the seeds) cut into thin slices and the whole dried tomatoes.
- 4Mix and season with salt, lime zest, and lime juice.
- 5Serve hot with diced feta cheese and flaked almonds that were previously toasted.