These rolls are named for their distinctive shapes, and anyone who is presented with one is lucky indeed. You can use the Thermomix to prepare the dough, which includes ground cinnamon and fennel seeds (and which will leave your kitchen smelling div…
ne). Brushing them with the egg wash helps them achieve their golden brown crust, so don't be tempted to skip this step. These make lovely gifts, by the way.
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 160 grams butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 500 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 egg yolk (beaten)
- In the Thermomix bowl, combine the sugar, butter, eggs, cinnamon, and fennel. Set to 15 seconds, speed 4.
- Afterwards, add the flour and yeast and mix for 10 seconds, speed 4.
- Then set to 3 minutes at spike speed.
- At this point, if necessary, add a little more flour so that the dough detaches itself from the bowl.
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- Line two baking sheets trays with parchment paper.
- Shape the dough into thick logs and then into horseshoes.
- Place them on the baking sheets with plenty of space, as they will expand during baking.
- Brush the surfaces with a little egg yolk and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once golden, remove from oven.
- Remove the horseshoes from the baking sheets with a spatula and place on a cooling rack.
- Store in airtight containers or in tightly sealed bags.