Horseshoe Bread Rolls - Thermomix recipeAs receitas lá de casa
These rolls are named for their distinctive shapes, and anyone who is presented with one is lucky indeed. You can use the Thermomix to prepare the dough, which includes ground cinnamon and fennel seeds (and which will leave your kitchen smelling divine). Brushing them with the egg wash helps them achieve their golden brown crust, so don't be tempted to skip this step. These make lovely gifts, by the way.
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 160 grams butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 500 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 egg yolks (beaten)
- 1In the Thermomix bowl, combine the sugar, butter, eggs, cinnamon, and fennel. Set to 15 seconds, speed 4.
- 2Afterwards, add the flour and yeast and mix for 10 seconds, speed 4.
- 3Then set to 3 minutes at spike speed.
- 4At this point, if necessary, add a little more flour so that the dough detaches itself from the bowl.
- 5Preheat oven to 360°F.
- 6Line two baking sheets trays with parchment paper.
- 7Shape the dough into thick logs and then into horseshoes.
- 8Place them on the baking sheets with plenty of space, as they will expand during baking.
- 9Brush the surfaces with a little egg yolk and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 10Once golden, remove from oven.
- 11Remove the horseshoes from the baking sheets with a spatula and place on a cooling rack.
- 12Store in airtight containers or in tightly sealed bags.