Serve these zippy new potatoes for your next get together. Goes well with Glazed Ham with Pineapple-Raisin Sauce.
- 4 pounds new potatoes
- 1 red onion (large, cut into 3/4-inch chunks)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons horseradish mustard
- 2 tablespoons chives (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns (pink and black, cracked)
- Scrub potatoes; cut in halves or quarters. In a covered Dutch oven, cook potatoes in a small amount of boiling, lightly salted water about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to pan. In medium saucepan, sauté onion in butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in 1 tablespoon of flour and salt. Add chicken broth. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, horseradish, mustard and remaining 1 tablespoon flour. Stir into broth mixture. Cook and stir until heated through. Pour sauce over potatoes; toss lightly to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with chives and cracked peppercorns.