This classic Brazilian treat is easy as can be and perfect any time of day. Cinnamon and vanilla paired with the creaminess of the cake bring notes of horchata to the palate. Enjoy a slice or two for a sweet treat at breakfast, or with your afternoon coffee. Aproveite! EQUIPMENT: KitchenAid® K400 Blender; 9-in x13in/22-cm/33-cm baking dish; small fine mesh strainer
- 1 cup fine cornmeal
- 3 Tbsp. all purpose flour (plus more for dusting pan)
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (from the carton)
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF/180ºC/gas 4. Butter a 9-in x13in/22-cm/33-cm baking dish (or spray with non-stick spray), and set aside.
- Add all ingredients except the baking powder into your KitchenAid® K400 Blender and cover the blender. Pulse 4 times to mix ingredients. Remove the lid cap, add baking powder, then replace the lid cap and blend on level 5 for 40 seconds. (NOTE: The batter will be very thin and frothy.)
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for 40-45 minutes (rotating the pan halfway through), or until the top has puffed up slightly, is golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove cake from oven and place on a wire baking rack to cool.
- Make the topping. Mix the cinnamon and powdered sugar together in a small bowl. While the cake is still warm, sift the sugar mixture evenly over the top of the cake. Let the cake sit for at least 15 minutes before slicing into squares and serving.
- NOTES: Cake will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container stored at room temperature.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories250Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes