Horchata is a traditional creamy drink that can melt away the stresses of everyday life. This recipe for Horchata Gelatin is perfect for any party, special occasion, or special treat for any day of the week. Ingredients include water, evaporated low-fat milk, vanilla, powdered gelatin, sugar, strawberries, and red food coloring. The taste is out of this world. Your friends will thank you and beg you for the recipe.
- 1 liter water
- 1/2 can evaporated low fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 30 grams gelatin powder
- 2/3 cup sugar (may substitute splenda or other sugar substitute)
- red food coloring
- Pour the gelatin powder into 150 milliliters of water and allow to thicken for approximately 5 minutes.
- Mix the liter of water with the evaporated milk, sugar, and vanilla in a pan and heat until tepid.
- Place the gelatin mixture into the microwave for 40 seconds, until completely dissolved. Add the milk mixture and combine.
- Place sliced strawberries into the bottom of a gelatin mold and pour in enough of the gelatin mixture to cover. Place in the refrigerator until completely set.
- Remove from the refrigerator and pour in nearly half of the remaining gelatin mixture. Return to the refrigerator until set.
- Add a few drops of red food coloring to the remaining gelatin mixture. Remove the mold from the refrigerator, make another layer of sliced strawberries, and pour half the colored gelatin mixture into the mold.
- Refrigerate until set. Remove from refrigerator and pour in the rest of the gelatin mixture. Return to refrigerator until set.
- Remove the gelatin from the mold by placing the mold into warm water to loosen. Turn the gelatin out onto a serving platter. Top with strawberries and serve.