At your next tailgate, kick it up an notch with these tasty chops. Serve with Dilled Cucumber Salad and Grilled Salsa-Cheese Dip with chips and vegetables.
- 4 New York pork chops (top loin, 1-inch thick)
- 12 ounces beer
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon habanero hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 bay leaf
- For marinade, in a small saucepan combine beer, honey, pepper sauce, garlic and bay leaf. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf. Place chops in a 1-gallon self-sealing plastic bag; pour marinade over chops, seal bag and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain chops, discarding marinade. Place chops on a kettle-style grill directly over medium-hot coals, lower grill hood and grill chops for 4-5 minutes. Turn chops and grill for 4-5 minutes more or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.