- 5 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons Johnny's Seasoning Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- oil (for deep frying, peanut, canola, vegetable)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (Franks Red)
- blue cheese dressing
- carrot sticks
- Cut wings (separate at the joints, freeze tips for making stock later). Mix flour and seasoning salt. Coat wings in seasoned flour. Place on a plate and cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Reserve the leftover flour for later.
- In a large Dutch oven or deep fryer, heat oil to 375° F. In a small saucepan over low heat melt the butter and add the hot sauce. Keep warm. Deep fry the chicken, several pieces at time (amount depends on your size of fryer/pan—make sure there is enough of space between the wings so they don’t touch).
- Fry until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Drain on a wire rack. Place the wings in a large bowl, pour sauce over them, cover and toss to coat wings. Remove with a slotted spoon or tongs. Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing, carrot sticks and celery sticks.