- 2 racks pork back ribs (about 1 1/2-pounds per rack)
- 12 ounces marinade (prepared mesquite-flavored)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 onions (medium, peeled)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (mild or spicy)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- In a large stockpot, place both racks of ribs; add enough water to cover ribs. Add marinade, bay leaves and onion. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat. (This will create foam on top.) Reduce to medium-low heat; simmer 45 minutes or until ribs are just tender. Remove ribs from cooking liquid; drain on rimmed baking sheet. Heat grill to medium heat (about 350 degrees F.). Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, stir together the barbecue sauce and brown sugar. Brush over both sides of ribs. Place ribs on grill, bone side down, close lid. Grill for 7 minutes, turn and grill 7 minutes more.