You have these 3 ingredients in your pantry so there is no reason not to make these thick, sweet, honeycomb treats. Not only does using an old-fashioned wooden spoon help to increase the volume of the mixture, it also prevents the sugar from sticking to the utensil and allows for a more even batter. Cut out various shapes and sizes for a more playful snack. This mix can be made in advice and store them in the freezer for up to two weeks.
- 200 grams granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Melt the sugar and syrup together in a saucepan over low heat. When the sugar is melted, increase the heat and let the mixture heat until it gets an amber color.
- Off the heat add the baking soda. Stir quickly with a wooden spoon. The preparation will foam and increase in volume.
- Pour into a square silicone pan.
- Allow to harden for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Break into pieces with a rolling pin.