- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup water (warm, not hot)
- 3 tablespoons oil (neutral-tasting)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- semolina (for dusting the pan)
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (plus more for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 2 cups ricotta (whole-milk)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 16 ounces strawberries (fresh, hulled and quartered)
- 8 ounces fresh blueberries
- 4 ounces fresh raspberries
- Place the all-purpose flour, yeast, and salt in the bowl of the KitchenAid® Stand Mixer, fitted with the flat beater, and stir together on low speed (2).
- In a separate bowl, combine the water, oil, and honey. Pour the liquid ingredients into the bowl of the Stand Mixer, and stir together with the dry ingredients on medium-low speed (4 or 6) until combined.
- Switch out the flat beater with the dough hook. While stirring on medium-low speed, gradually add the whole wheat flour, just until the dough pulls together into a ball and no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl. You may not need all of the flour.
- Knead the dough in the Stand Mixer for 3 to 5 minutes, or until it feels smooth and elastic. Allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the KitchenAid® Stainless Steel 8 Burner Gas Grill to 550°F.
- Flatten/stretch the rested dough to a thickness of about 1/4″. Transfer it to a KitchenAid® Cookie Sheet, dusted with semolina. Slide the dough onto the grates of the hot Gas Grill, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on medium heat, or until browned on the bottom. Flip the dough over and cook the other side for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- For the topping
- Place the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, and salt in the bowl of the Stand Mixer, fitted with the whisk and whip together on medium-high speed (6) until smooth. Add the ricotta and cream, and whip until fluffy.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the warm flatbread, top with fresh berries, and dust with powdered sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories550Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.