Pork tenderloins are often packaged two to a bag; plan a meal another night with pork tenderloin medallions or kabobs. Roasting this marinated tenderloin whole in a hot oven only takes 15 minutes or so, enough time to cook a pot of rice and Citrus Green Bean Salad.
- 1 pork tenderloin (about one pound)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root (grated)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons sesame seed
- Place tenderloin in self-sealing bag; add soy sauce, garlic, ginger and sesame oil; seal bag and toss to mix thoroughly. Refrigerate 2-24 hours.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Remove tenderloin from marinade, discarding marinade. On shallow plate mix together honey and brown sugar; plate sesame seed on another plate. Roll tenderloin in honey mixture to coat evenly, then roll in sesame seed. Place in shallow pan and roast for 20-27 minutes, until internal temperature reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Slice to serve.