This “quick-braise” dish features sautéed pork chops, seasoned with spicy ginger, cinnamon, and garlic, which simmer briefly in chopped tomatoes. The ready-made pan sauce calls for rice, mashed potatoes or Oriental noodles as an accompaniment. Add a green salad tossed with garlic vinaigrette.
- 4 boneless pork chops (3/8-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1/2 cup onion (minced)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed (toasted)
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add chops and brown on both sides, about 3 minutes on each side. Add tomatoes, onion, garlic, ginger, cinnamon and honey; heat to a simmer; cover and simmer until chops are cooked through, about 3-4 minutes. Remove chops, reserve. Heat sauce to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until sauce thickens. Return chops to pan with sesame seed. Heat through and serve.