Glazes will burn if applied too early. Wait until the last 20-30 minutes of cooking time to avoid burning. Serve with grilled pineapple rings, roasted potatoes and green salad.
- 3 1/2 pounds pork loin roast (boneless)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup fresh pineapple (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Score loin in 1-inch diamonds with a sharp knife (1/4 inch deep). Combine all ingredients and pour over pork. Let loin marinate 2 hours to overnight in refrigerator. Remove pork from marinade, heat remaining marinade in a saucepan to a boil and reserve for basting. Grill pork over indirect, medium-low fire 45 minutes to 1 hour (15 minutes per pound) or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from heat; let rest about 10 minutes. Baste meat with marinade during last 5 to 10 minutes of grilling.