- 4 boneless pork chops (about 1 pound total)
- 1/2 cup melon (cantaloupe or honeydew pureed)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 4 slices cantaloupe (or honeydew, 1/2 inch thickpeeled)
- In small saucepan, combine pureed melon, honey, lime juice, butter and curry powder. Stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat. Brush chop surfaces with sauce.
- Beat together cream cheese, milk, and some of the sauce until smooth and of desired consistency. Set aside.
- In a covered grill, over indirect heat, grill chops, basting often with sauce and turning once, about 12-15 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Transfer to serving platter and keep warm. Brush melon slices with remaining basting sauce and grill directly over coals, about 2 minutes on each side.
- To serve, place a chop on a slice of melon, garnish with a dollopof cream cheese mixture and dust lightly with nutmeg.