Honey-glazed ham is a classic, but this recipe has a secret ingredient you won't want to leave out!
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons salted butter (melted)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 1/2 pounds spiral-sliced bone-in ham
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Adjust a rack to the lowest position in the oven.
- Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and position a roasting rack inside of it. Place the ham on the middle of the roasting rack.
- Place the honey in a microwave-safe mixing bowl. Microwave on high for 20-25 seconds, until liquified. Add the melted butter and cayenne to the bowl. Whisk vigorously until smooth and combined.
- Brush the ham with a thick layer of the honey butter.
- Transfer the ham to the lowest rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the ham for 2-2.5 hours, or about 15 minutes per pound of ham. Every 15 minutes, open the oven door and baste the ham with additional honey butter.
- Remove the ham from the oven. Allow the ham to cool on the roasting rack for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the ham to a cutting board. Carve and serve. Leftover ham may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.