Honey-Glazed Asian-Spiced RibsPORK
The taste sensations of sweet and spicy come together in these unforgettable ribs. Using fruitwood chips, such as apple wood, rather than hickory accents the subtle sweet flavor.
- One hour before grilling, soak 4 cups of wood chips in enough water to cover. Mix together Chinese five spice, salt and black pepper in small bowl. Rub spice mixture over both sides of ribs. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 hours, if desired.
- Place guava nectar, hoisin sauce, honey, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes in blender container. Cover and blend until well mixed.
- Preheat gas grill to high. Drain wood chips. Place chips in metal smoker box, disposable drip pan or wrap in heavy foil that has holes poked in the top for steam to escape. Place box, drip pan or foil packet directly over lava rocks. When chips begin to smoke, reduce heat to 275°F. Place ribs, bone side down on grill rack. Turn off any burners directly below the ribs. Cover and grill over indirect heat for 2 hours or until meat is very tender, generously brushing with hoisin-honey mixture during the last 15 minutes of grilling.
- Transfer ribs to cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 10 minutes before serving. For the best eating experience, we recommend cooking to an internal temperature of 180°F, but know that ribs are safe to eat an internal temperature of 145°F.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories180Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes