Crispy chicken wings baked in the oven and coated in a sticky-sweet honey-garlic sauce.
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or tamari)
- 3 cloves garlic
- Rinse the chicken wings under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the honey, brown sugar, and soy sauce in a large mixing bowl.
- Grate or press the garlic cloves into the mixing bowl.
- Whisk the honey garlic mixture to thoroughly combine.
- Place the chicken wings in the mixing bowl. Using a rubber spatula, toss the chicken wings to evenly coat in the honey-garlic glaze.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 1-12 hours. Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Remove the marinated chicken wings from the refrigerator.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a roasting rack on top.
- Cover the roasting rack with another sheet of aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Use a fork to poke holes throughout the surface of the foil.
- Use a pair of kitchen tongs to lift each chicken wing from the bowl, allowing the excess marinade to drip off, and transfer onto the foil-covered roasting rack. Do not discard the leftover marinade.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the preheated oven.
- Bake the chicken wings for 40-42 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- Pour the leftover marinade into a small skillet set over medium heat. Bring the marinade to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Boil the marinade for 2-3 minutes, whisking occasionally, until it is reduced to about 1/3 cup. Remove from the heat. The marinade will thicken slightly as it cools.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Brush the tops of the chicken wings with the reduced marinade.
- Transfer the chicken wings to a plate and serve.
|Calories1270Calories from Fat660|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat660|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.